Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ricky Stenhouse Jr needs to make sure he takes liquids

Well that was embarrassing after the race. But all in all ok day. Got back on the top 5 swing still some work left to do. But I'm all good!

Learned when ur sick...might want to get fluids b4 the race instead of waiting for this.


Went back to the doctor and everything is good. Feel great and ready for this weekend!! Time to get back on victory lane!!





Ricky Stenhouse Jr. briefly felt faint following today's NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Loudon. He was dehydrated after suffering from an illness all week and was taken to get fluids at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway infield care center.
Here's what he said after leaving the care center (transcript courtesy of Ford Racing):
"I feel OK now. They gave me some fluids and got good to go. I think just beinga little sick all week, not eating much and not drinking enough fluids caught up with me after the race. I think we'll be good to go now.
I've felt it all week being really tired, not eating and not drinking any fluids so that part of it I definitely felt it in the race car, but I don't think it slowed us down any. When I'm in there, I'm driving as hard as I can every lap.
I got sick after the race in Daytona on Friday night and kind of let it go throughout the weekend and was hoping it would get better, but it never did. It's probably my fault that we ended up like this.
The good thing is (next week at Chicagoland) is a Sunday race, so I've got all week to get the fluids in me and get better. Hopefully, within the next couple days I'll feel a little bit better and eat a little bit more. I normally drink plenty of fluids and never have the issue of getting light-headed after the race or anything like that.
My throat hurt throughout the whole week. I didn't really want to drink or eat anything and it caught up with me. Yesterday and today I drank plenty of fluids, but you've got to do it before, so I think we should be OK for Chicago."

No comments:

Post a Comment