Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Danica Patrick says she slept on couch after wrecking boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

Danica Patrick joked that she had to sleep on the couch after wrecking boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Sunday during an appearance Tuesday night on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Patrick was involved in a wreck at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in which she lost control of her car and spun into Stenhouse, crashing him and Travis Kvapil.
When asked about the incident by Leno, Patrick said jokingly, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
She then added: “I hit the brakes on a restart going into Turn 1 and got sideways and took a couple of people out with me.”
Asked how fast she was going, she said, “Too fast, obviously.”
Leno then asked her how she handles such incidents with Stenhouse, the fellow rookie driver whom she starting dating this season.
“I did sleep on the couch that night,” she joked. “I just need to give him more space. We want me more space (on the track).”
Patrick and Stenhouse, who have been open about their budding relationship, also were involved in a wreck at Charlotte. Stenhouse hit Patrick during that race, and Patrick said later that she refused to speak to her boyfriend on the ride home.
Leno also asked Patrick about her Super Bowl commercials for sponsor Go Daddy. Patrick has appeared in more Super Bowl commercials (10) than any other celebrity.
“I feel very lucky. We have some fun with them,” she said.
Patrick admitted that she has turned down some of Go Daddy’s more racy ideas.
“They have come to me with some scripts and some story(lines) and I’m like, ‘Hmm, getting out of a swimming pool wearing a little red bikini, no, that’s not for me,’” she said.
“I’ve said no before and they’ve been very respectful of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment