Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Jimmie Johnson (Speedweeks) on Ricky Stenhouse Jr and Danica Patrick Dating

Source

IN ALL YOUR YEARS OF RACING HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A SERIES WHERE THERE WAS A ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN COMPETITORS?
“No, I have not.  We can come up with plenty of jokes and how humorous it could be on the track and what each of them (Danica Patrick and Ricky Stenhouse, Jr.) are thinking.  We will all be watching with great curiosity I’m sure.”  

JUST KNOWING COMPETITORS PERIOD, RICKY (STENHOUSE, JR.) AND DANICA (PATRICK), IF ONE OF THEM ROUGHS UP THE OTHER COULD WE SEE A LITTLE DOMESTIC DISPUTES ON THE RACE TRACK? 
“(Laughs) I guess anything is possible.  That would be one heck of a show.  I’m sure rating would go up quite a bit.  You never know.  Danica (Patrick) has shown that she can get quite upset at times.  There could be something going on.”

HAVE YOU SEEN RICKY (STENHOUSE, JR.) GET AS PAYBACK MINDED AS DANICA (PATRICK) HAS SHOWN?
“No, he has seemed, as far as payback, pretty focused in doing his job.  He will drive a car sideways every laps, which I’m always impressed with.  His mindset in letting things go away has been just as impressive from watching him on Saturday’s on T.V.  I can’t remember who he got into something with towards the end of last year and they were chasing him around on the race track.  He just let it be and ran his race.”

DO YOU THINK THAT WHOLE THING IS A GOOD THING FOR NASCAR OR IS IT A DISTRACTION?
“I haven’t thought about it at all until just now.  I mean in some respects it’s just a relationship, clearly there is more to it.  I mean, I have no clue.  It doesn’t hurt anything.  It will keep people looking and watching, curious to what that dynamic is on the track I’m sure.”

DO YOU THINK IT WILL IMPACT THE WAY THEY RACE?
“If it does it’s going to impact their lifestyle and their job.  We are paid to go on the race track and race.  If they are handling things differently on the track because of their personal relationship, it’s going to affect their jobs.  Their owners aren’t going to be happy or their sponsors.”

No comments:

Post a Comment